Sunday, September 9, 2012

September 10, 2012

This past week was a great week. We learned that Cedar City is not a rural community. The kids also started Word Work for Daily 5 and are loving it. I hope to introduce Read to Someone this week (this is really a favorite of the kids!) This week in science we will be starting our Weather unit.

I learned that for some reason, pictures are not uploading through the school's internet system. I meant to load the pictures I took last week and the week before at home, but in my hurry after school on Friday I left the camera at school. :( I hope to get those posted sometime this week.

Please make sure that your child is practicing both their spelling words and correctly writing the sentence each night along with their math and 20 minutes of reading.

Due to a technical glitch, our DIBELs testing has been pushed back a week. Our new date is Monday, September 17. Please make sure to have your child to school that day. We use this information to help place your child in an appropriate reading group that best suits their needs.